- Watch for traffic!!!
- Adults should accompany young children.
- Use the sidewalks. If sidewalks are not available, walk at the far edge of the roadway facing traffic.
- Look both ways before crossing the street to check for cars, trucks, and low-flying brooms!
- Cross only at corners. Never dart out between parked cars.
- Don’t assume the right of way. Motorists may have trouble seeing Trick-or-Treaters. Just because one car stops, doesn’t mean others will.
- Cover one side of the street at a time, no crisscrossing the street.
- Go during daylight if possible and carry a flashlight in case of delay.
- Children should wear bright colored costumes or have reflective tape to make them more visible.
- Wear clothing that’s short enough to prevent tripping.
- Apply a natural mask of cosmetics rather than have a child wear a loose-fitting mask that might restrict breathing or obscure vision.
- Join the Kernersville Police Department at the Main Street Trick-or-Treat Halloween event on October 31st. Starting at 6PM, the KPD will be handing out candy.
Halloween Safety Tips