Personnel and Training
The Kernersville Police Department’s Training Division strives to provide the best possible training for all sworn officers and civilian police personnel. The Training Division is responsible for conducting North Carolina State mandated and in-service training topics including: Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Defensive Driving, Legal Updates, and many other course topics.
Training Division Responsibilities
The Personnel and Training Division is responsible for:
- Reviewing and evaluating training curricula, program delivery, and policies
- Ensuring training curriculum is compliant with North Carolina Criminal Justice Training and Standards Commission criteria
- Assessing existing training programs and their effectiveness
- Advising in selection and training of department instructors
- Assisting in policy development for academic training
- Ensuring the continuity and relevance of all academic training programs
- Designing methods to evaluate impact of training on field operations
- Identifying training enhancements and recommending modifications
- Researching methods to improve instructional and learning processes
Recruiting the next generation of police officers is probably one of the most important functions for police leaders and human resources professionals in any department. The Kernersville Police Department strives to find qualified applicants that are looking for a long-term career in policing with a commitment to the community.
Community Engagement Team
The Community Engagement Team falls under the Personnel and Training Division. To learn more about the Kernersville Police Department’s Community Engagement Team efforts, visit our Crime Prevention Page.