All applications must be received at least two months prior to the start date of the internship
All applicants must meet these basic standards:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Have received a high school diploma or GED
- Be of good moral character
- Have an acceptable criminal and traffic record
- Be of sound mind and judgment.
- Complete a Town of Kernersville Internship Application
- All applications must be received at least two months prior to start of class
- Attach school’s requirements for internship program to application to ensure we can meet
the objectives the school requires.
- Application is assigned to an investigator for Background Investigation
- Interview with investigator conducting Background Investigation
- Patrol Commander Review
- Chief of Police Final Review
- Applicant will be Notified as to the Approval or Denial of their Application
- If approved, assigned officer will complete Internal Kernersville Police Department Conditional Offer for Internship
- Assigned officer will contact Human Resources to schedule a drug test
NOTICE: This application for internship is to verify you would be a good candidate for the Kernersville Police Department Internship Program and is not an offer of employment nor should it be construed as any other offer or agreement.